And it is no joke – they may be hiding Amazon’s name but first day sales include fashion heavyweights Doo.Ri, Badgley Mischka, Kenneth Jay Lane jewelry, I.Am.Clothing men’s wear and BedStu shoes.
Upcoming women’s sales include: Alice Ritter, Badgley Mischka, Betsey Johnson, Calvin Klein, Camilla and Marc, Cynthia Rowley, Edun, Elie Tahari, Elizabeth and James, Erin Fetherston, Escada, Halston, Judith Leiber, Laila Azhar, L.A.M.B., Nanette Lepore, Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti, Robert Rodriguez and Vena Cava.
-4-6 unique sales will launch per day
-Each sale is 72 hours
WWD comments on the site’s clean aesthetic and user-friendly experience noting the below stand-out items:
1. Memberships, shipping, and returns are free
2. 3 day-delivery for NY residents. 4 days for most of the country
3. Product details such as fabric, country of origin, and care instructions are provided onsite
4. Filter for sizes enables folks to sort merchandise by their size per category
5. Vertical toolbar enables viewers to scroll-to-preview items in the sale pre-click
So of course after reading the article, I go to the site faster than you can yell IFYOUDONTGORIGHTAT9AMPSTEVERYTHINGGOODWILLBEGONE and by gosh, it’s as good as WWD says. Even MORE things to note –
1. Because I’m already an Amazon member, I can bypass signing up for a new account and use my existing login. Such a small but killer detail.
2. The roll-to-preview feature is genius. This saves me from erroneous clicking!
3. Each individual piece of apparel has a 5 second clip of the model doing a 360 degree rotation. Need I say more?
4. The attention to detail in the product description is perfect. Between the fit details, fabric, sizing, etc., you could never have doubts about buying something online again.